The thought of cleaning out or decluttering your home can feel extremely daunting. After all, that’s why we put it off for so long, allowing months or years worth of untouched “junk” to pile up.
Whether you’re working on decluttering before a move or doing your yearly Spring cleaning, it’s a big job that requires time and patience. Plus, what are you supposed to do with all of your items once you’ve decided that you don’t want them? Your regular trash pickup will not be enough, and large furniture items like couches and mattresses require a large vehicle for hauling. Add that to the fact that you will most likely have to make multiple trips to the trash dump and donation stores to get rid of all your junk.
As the leading junk removal service leading the war on junk, we’ve put together a list of 7 helpful hints for decluttering your home.
- Create a Timeline and Goals – Determine how long it will take you to go through your unwanted items and set a date for completion. This will help keep you on task and select a date for your junk removal service to come.
- Hire a Junk Removal Service – Beginning with the end in mind will allow you to eliminate the stress of wondering what you’re going to do with all of your junk that you want to get rid of. Declutter with ease as you know the exact date and time your junk will be picked up.
- Organize Separation Bins or Piles – Create labels with the following categories to organize your junk as you go through it. Labels such as: “Keep”, “Trash”, “Donate”, and “Recycle” are helpful.
- Look at Your Space with FRESH Eyes – This is one of the more difficult steps. Try to look at your space and items as unbiased as possible. If you truly do not use the item, donate it so that someone else can find use for it. It’ll be difficult, but the old furniture and larger items that have aged beyond repair have got to go. We promise you’ll feel lighter by the end of it.
- One Room at a Time – As we’ve mentioned before, decluttering your home is not an easy task and can become overwhelming very quickly. To best avoid this, create a plan and go through one room at a time; even if that means that it takes you a little longer.
- Crank the Tunes – Now that you’re ready to take on decluttering your home, the only way to do it properly is to put on your favorite song….set the vibe and get you motivated….and get to work!
- RELAX… because you hired Veteran Hauling – Now that you’ve scheduled a day and time for Veteran Hauling to take your junk, and gone through all of your items, all there’s left to do is relax because we are going to do the rest of the work for you!
Veteran Hauling proudly accepts a wide range of junk removal items. From appliances to furniture items, construction debris, hot tubs, and even demolition projects, we can help you with our junk removal services! On top of that, we will do our best to donate and recycle, reducing the strain on landfills and giving back to the environment! You Name It! We Junk It!
Please contact us for a free/no-obligation quote for your hauling or junk removal needs.
We are a veteran-owned, local business that provides professional and insured work. Stay proud America…and get your space cleaned up today!